- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) +2.5% premarket after Q3 earnings beat estimates and revenue rose 64% Y/Y to $4.87B.
- Total production slipped 2% to 4B cfe/day primarily due to asset sales; adjusted for the sales, production rose ~8% Y/Y and 5% Q/Q.
- Average daily natural gas liquids production rose 31%, while oil production gained 23% and natural gas production fell 10%.
- Raises full-year oil-production outlook by 2M barrels to a range of 40M-42M barrels, a 28%-34% increase Y/Y; full-year 2013 drilling, completion and leasehold capex fell by $300M to $5.7B-$6B.
- Expects to complete another $600M in asset disposals during Q4 after already raising $3.6B from asset sales YTD.
- Operating expenses fell 28% to $4.43B.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 4, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 17, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 12, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs