- Tempur Sealy International (TPX) shares soar 13.4% AH after the company beat expectations in Q3. Short covering may have something to do with the outsized reaction, with short interest at 18.9% of the float as of Oct. 15.
- An 111.4% increase in net sales to $735.5M was fueled in large part to acquired Sealy's contribution of $389.9M.
- Tempur North America sales grew 0.6% to $242.4M in Q3, driven by a 4.8% increase in Other products revenue to $20.8M. Tempur International sales fell 3.6% to $103.2M.
- Gross margin fell to 40.6% from 49.2% in Q3 2012 due to the lower margins on Sealy mattresses.
- EBITDA of $115.5M was up 66.7% Y/Y.
- The company reaffirms 2013 guidance: revenue of $2.425B-$2.45B (vs. consensus of $2.44B), EBITDA of $370M-$385M, and EPS of $2.25-$2.40 ($2.32).
- PR, Conference call (webcast)
Tempur Sealy International beats expectations in Q3, shares soar 13.4% AH
Nov 6 2013, 17:52 ET