- Lenovo's (LNVGF) FQ2 net profit rose 36% to $219.7M and exceeded analyst expectations of $201M, lifted by higher margins in China and increased sales of smartphones.
- Revenue climbed 13% to $9.77B and beat consensus of $9.41B.
- Lenovo's Chinese margins grew to 6.8% in fiscal H1 from 6.1% a year earlier, due to higher average selling prices and cost controls. However, margins dropped in the Americas region.
- Lenovo's FQ2 world-wide PC shipments edged up 2% vs a sector-wide decline of 7.6%.
- Smartphone shipments surged over 78% to 12.3M units.
- Lenovo intends to seek acquisitions to help its expansion. (PR)