Commodities slump as fast GDP report offsets ECB ease

Comments (15)
  • Brian58
    Comments (96) | Send Message

strong GDP? Look at the consumer part of it. Another "masked" figure that will be revised.
    7 Nov 2013, 09:33 AM Reply Like
  • American in Paris
    Comments (5504) | Send Message

A lot of you said the same about the second quarter. It turned out much stronger than the skeptics thought.
    7 Nov 2013, 10:08 AM Reply Like
  • hummerh25
    Comments (97) | Send Message

Yes the numbers out of Washington will come Back to haunt us.
    7 Nov 2013, 09:55 AM Reply Like
  • American in Paris
    Comments (5504) | Send Message

Actually only Republicans are complaining about the economy. This year will turn out to be better than initially anticipated.
    7 Nov 2013, 10:08 AM Reply Like
  • filipo
    Comments (2738) | Send Message

American,
    "Actually only Republicans are complaining about the economy."
    Maybe they are the only ones who know what they're talking about ?
    I'm surprised you haven't heard of the new way of calculating US GDP:
    and
    7 Nov 2013, 10:59 AM Reply Like
  • bfmil
    Comments (221) | Send Message

Obviously there are anti Republican Obama zombies lurking among us .
    7 Nov 2013, 11:59 AM Reply Like
  • John Leszar
    Comments (57) | Send Message

American in Paris,
    Now I get it. In the past you've posted other baloney comments about how great the economy is doing. You are nothing less than a mouthpiece for this administration. Their leader is a unabashed liar. You fit right in by spreading their lies.
    The truth is that most people are barely hanging on and not expecting things to improve. Wait until the full impact of ObamaCare hits this nation. Our economy is in the toilet now. The next sound we hear will be a giant FLUSH!
    John
    7 Nov 2013, 01:28 PM Reply Like
  • bfmil
    Comments (221) | Send Message

John,
    Be careful, the last time I actually mentioned a commenter by name I was censored and received a warning via email. That's why I used the generalized Obama zombie term we all know who I was referring to.
    7 Nov 2013, 01:44 PM Reply Like
  • John Leszar
    Comments (57) | Send Message

bfmil, (oops, can I say that?)
    I guess we grew up in different neighborhoods. I try to be respectful but when someone keeps saying the same false line over and over, day after day, I just get tired of it. Seems kind of silly to pretend not to answer a post by name when we all know who the post is meant for. Nobody has ever called me 'politically correct'. I may be in for a lashing! Thanks for caring.
    John
    7 Nov 2013, 07:58 PM Reply Like
  • rehabceo
    Comment (1) | Send Message

John, I agree the economy is not doing great, but it is not as easy as calling the president a liar or providing other nonsense hateful comments. Republicans just shut down the government for several weeks. Neither party wants to face entitlement cuts along with tax increases to get us out of this mess. Obama needs to hear a proposal that includes both to have something he can support, and it hasn't been presented so far.
    8 Nov 2013, 12:45 AM Reply Like
  • filipo
    Comments (2738) | Send Message

rehab,
    "Republicans just shut down the government for several weeks"
    Isn't that a bit unfair ?
    I thought both Democrats and GOP were so stubborn to not to want to give in that they rather had the shutdown than an agreement.
    When there is an ideological row between parties, you can't put all the blame on one. I think both visions have their advantages and disadvantages.
    8 Nov 2013, 03:07 AM Reply Like
  • bfmil
    Comments (221) | Send Message

This'll be my 10th presidential election coming up, republicans have been blaming democrats and democrats have been blaming republicans ever since I was old enough to vote. One thing that remains consistent, taxes keep going up, only now I'd say we truly have taxation without representation. Isn't that what started the whole revolutionary war ?
    8 Nov 2013, 07:26 AM Reply Like
  • filipo
    Comments (2738) | Send Message

bfmil,
    The Brits were the obvious enemies then. I hope Krugman and alike won't keep on looking for a new (old) enemy now:
    It's interesting to notice that at least Melvyn Krauss knows how dangerous and utterly stupid it is to demonize a nation on pseudo-economic grounds:
    8 Nov 2013, 08:53 AM Reply Like
  • joeponds
    Comments (5) | Send Message

Tulips anyone? 84 bil a month.. this will end badly when who knows?
    How could the market have a bad week ? tweeter what the eps??
    5000?
    I just hope you are out when it happens. This is not a doom & gloom report , just a reality check.
    7 Nov 2013, 03:44 PM Reply Like
  • hummerh25
    Comments (97) | Send Message

Yes it will come before the end of year.sitting on side lines.
    8 Nov 2013, 10:21 AM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: