- Salix Pharmaceuticals' (SLXP) deal for Santarus (SNTS) creates a specialty company with 22 marketed products and very little overlap.
- Uceris, Glumetza, and Zegerid — which this quarter had sales of $19.6M, $45.6M, and $27.1M, respectively — should help SLXP diversify its revenue stream. In Q3, Xifaxan accounted for nearly 70% of the top-line.
- The companies say that post-merger, "no product is expected to account for more than 50% of the combined company's revenue."
- Combined company Q3 results: Revenue of $1.348B and adjusted EBITDA of $537M.
- SLXP expects "revenue synergies from the increased number of sales representatives in GI and the expanded presence in primary care."
- FY14 combined company outlook: Adjusted EPS of $5. (PR)
- See also: SNTS Q3 results, SLXP Q3 results
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 25, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs