- Stock futures slip and bond yields spike higher following the big jobs number beat. In addition to the 204K gain in October, August and September revisions added another 60K jobs.
- On the downside, the labor force participation rate whooshed down to 62.8% from 63.2%.
- The average workweek is unchanged at 34.4 hours and average hourly earnings edged up $0.02 to $24.10.
- SPY -0.2%, TLT -1.3% premarket, and the 10-year yield spikes 12 bps to 2.72%.
- S&P ETFs: SPY, SH, SSO, SDS, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, RSP, RWL, EPS, BXUB, TRND, SFLA, BXUC, BXDB
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, TLH, SBND, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, LBND, FSA, TYBS, TENZ, DLBL
Bonds plummet following strong jobs report
Nov 8 2013, 08:41 ET