Hansen Medical registers shares on behalf of investors

• Hansen Medical (HNSN) files two S-3s (here and here).
  • 67.893M shares are now registered with the SEC. The investors have agreed to a one year lockup period.
This was corrected on 11/11/2013 at 07:50 AM.
Comments (6)
  • tsvieps
    , contributor
    Comments (56) | Send Message

I thought the company only had 67M shares and a market cap of 130M.

This means there are equal number of warrants or options that are going to exercised and then sold? If so, and sold at stated price, the marcap would double. What is going on here? Some please explain. I am clearly confused.
    10 Nov 2013, 04:31 AM Reply Like
  • fund_a_mentalist
    , contributor
    Comments (8) | Send Message

Tsv...I guess that,by now, you have seen the two S3's mentioned above. The way I read this is that the selling stockholders of stock or warrants have lost patience with Hansen in the current environment of health care and hospital uncertainty. I hope I am wrong.
    10 Nov 2013, 03:44 PM Reply Like
  • tsvieps
    , contributor
    Comments (56) | Send Message

Yes or Or maybe they are just taking a profit that is significant over what they put in. I do not remember the details, but my rough recall is the investors put about $30 into the company in exchange for stock and warrants. If excersizing the warrants now gives them 67 M share to sell @ around $1.90 and small investors bite over the next 2 years or so, they will have made a bundle. Those of us who still have shares have a 2:1 dilution and face some large selling pressure. But if the company surrives financially and its products are accepted, we may still be better off than having had HNSN crash financially earlier.
    12 Nov 2013, 02:30 AM Reply Like
  • fund_a_mentalist
    , contributor
    Comments (8) | Send Message

Tsv...on the bright side, I think that management has created a company that is worth much more than $1.75 per share
    12 Nov 2013, 09:36 AM Reply Like
  • tsvieps
    , contributor
    Comments (56) | Send Message

fund_a..,

Happy to hear that. I, for good or bad, tend to hang on to stocks for a long time. If the previous management had sold more stock when it was over thirty, there would be no financial tension now and dilution. But it did provide the folks with guts an opportunity to buy at very low prices. Product acceptance is what really matters now. Management says this is increasing even though systems are a hard sell now because of their costs. If these products really make docs more productive and outcomes safer, this selling problem will pass.

I gather that you lean toward believing the story management is telling. Analysts do not, but they normally have a much shorter term outlook than I and there are really very few analysts paying real attention. What is the basis for your optimism at this price?
    15 Nov 2013, 04:12 AM Reply Like
  • fund_a_mentalist
    , contributor
    Comments (8) | Send Message

Tvs
    Not really terribly optimistic because of client turmoil in hospital biz...still riding on Philipps and Intuitive interest...plus ...(or is it but)...my Doc thinks Hansen is ahead of its time.

My gut feel is that if someone skoops up Hansen in the short run, that they would have to pay only $1.75 to $2 per share...which is why nothing is happening...management knows the technologies are potentially disruptive
    15 Nov 2013, 10:11 AM Reply Like