- Democratic Senator Bob Menendez, the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said the panel will look to tighten sanctions on Iran this week.
- Menendez made his comments yesterday, after talks between the P5+1 world powers and the Persian nation over the latter's nuclear program stalled over the weekend.
- Menendez's aim is prevent the U.S. from making too many concessions too quickly, with his stance reflecting widespread Congressional skepticism about the deal that was under discussion. Israel has also continued its criticism of the proposals.
- WTI crude is -0.1% at $94.48, while Brent is +0.2% at $105.27.
- ETFs: BNO, UOIL, DOIL, USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DBO, DTO, CRUD, USL, SZO, DNO, OILZ, UWTI, OLO, DWTI, FOL, TWTI, OLEM.
Senate set to tighten sanctions against Iran
Nov 11 2013, 03:41 ET