- Vodafone's (VOD) H1 EBITDA dropped 4.1% to £6.6B but topped consensus of £6.4B.
- Revenue +1.2% to £22.03B; on organic basis, revenue -3.2%.
- Pretax profit £1.51B.
- Takes £3B tax charge on $130B sale of its stake in Verizon Wireless.
- Confirms full-year guidance for adjusted operating profit of £5B, free cash flow of £4.5–5B.
- Vodafone intends to invest £7B ($11.18B) by March 2016 as part of its "Project Spring" to improve its network as it looks to cater to consumers who want to access the Internet with smartphones and tablets.
- Declares interim dividend of 3.53 pence a share, up 8%; intends to pay full-year dividend of 11 pence. (PR)
Vodafone's core profit falls 4.1%
Nov 12 2013, 02:39 ET