- Little-changed moments ago, stocks head lower as the Atlanta Fed's Dennis Lockhart says the taper is on the table in December and at all future meetings. He calls QE a booster rocket, not permanent.
- Of last week's big jobs report, he calls it a nice report, but not decisive.
- Throwing a bone to the doves, Lockhart also hints at a change in the mix of tools - implying maybe easier forward guidance (perhaps lowering the UE threshold to 6%) to go along with the taper.
- The S&P 500 (SPY -0.3%) slips, as do Treasury prices, the 10-year yield up 3 bps to 2.78%.
- S&P 500 ETFs: SPY, SH, SSO, SDS, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, RSP, RWL, EPS, BXUB, TRND, SFLA, BXUC, BXDB
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, TLH, SBND, IEI, TYO, DLBS, DTYS, VGLT, UST, SHV, BIL, UBT, TLO, TBX, VGSH, VGIT, GSY, LBND, FSA, SCHR, DTYL, TYD, SCHO, ITE, TYBS, TENZ, FIVZ, SST, TUZ, DTUS, DTUL, DFVL, TBZ, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Lockhart: Taper on table next month
Nov 12 2013, 12:00 ET