- Bill Gross is boosting his exposure to shorter-to-intermediate-dated Treasurys in what could be deemed a bet on the Fed tapering soon, but not hiking the Fed Funds rate for a long time. Treasury holdings at his Total Return Fund (ETF equivalent: BOND) have risen to 38% - the highest since the end of April - but the buying is focused on 3-5 paper, and Gross continues to be underweight the long end of the curve.
- "Market expectations for rate increases are unlikely to be met," says Gross in his latest monthly report.
- Short-dated Treasury ETFs: SHY, SHV, BIL, VGSH, SCHO, DTUL, SST, TUZ, DTUS
- Intermediate-duration Treasury ETFs: IEF, PST, IEI, TYO, DTYS, UST, TBX, VGIT, GSY, DTYL, SCHR, TYD, ITE, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DFVS, TYNS
- Long-duration Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, TLH, SBND, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, LBND, FSA, TYBS, TENZ, DLBL