- Shares of Epizyme (EPZM -34.3%) sink after the company outlines initial findings from a Phase 1 study of EPZ-5676 in heavily pre-treated advanced hematological malignancies.
- EPZM says the treatment has been well-tolerated with no dose-limiting toxicities. There was one adverse event-related treatment discontinuation, but the company says it wasn't related to the drug.
- Treatment effect observed in four of eight MLL-r acute leukemia patients.
- No treatment effects observed in non-MLL-r patients.
- The company now plans to initiate a Phase 1 "MLL-r only expansion stage with an 80 mg/m2/day administration schedule without a drug holiday and with possible continued dose escalation." (PR)
Epizyme reports initial findings from EPZ-5676 study, shares fall
Nov 14 2013, 10:20 ET