- Execs with McDonald's (MCD -0.7%) reaffirm that they expect system-wide sales growth of 3%-5% and operating income growth of 6%-7% over the long haul.
- Commodity costs are expected to increase in both the U.S. and Europe during 2014.
- The company expects to end up returning $4.5B to $5B in 2013 to shareholders through buybacks and dividends.
- 2014 Capex spending is targeted at $2.9B-$3.0B on a broad goal to open more than 1.5K restaurants and remodel another thousand.
- Questions on where U.S. comparable-restaurant sales are tracking for Q4 are artfully dodged.
- Investor meeting webcast
Heard during McDonald's Investor Meeting
Nov 14 2013, 13:12 ET