- It's the MINT countries whose prospects most excite Jim O'Neill. The coiner of the BRIC acronym (he didn't invent MINT) likes the favorable demographics and economic prospects of Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Turkey over the next two decades.
- He notes the optimism in places like Indonesia, where policymakers (and shoppers) are talking about economic growth of 7%, contrasted to Russia, whose economy minister suggested 2.5% growth over the next 20 years.
- Mexico ETFs: EWW, UMX, SMK
- Indonesia ETFs: IDX, EIDO, IDXJ
- Frontier markets ETFs: FM, FRN, EMFM
- Turkey ETF: TUR
O'Neill takes the MINTs over the BRICs
Nov 14 2013, 15:33 ET