Voxeljet turns profitable as printer sales propel revenues 77%, margins expand

• Voxeljet's (VJET) turn to profitability (net income of €211K in Q3) came on the back of 77% Y/Y revenue growth and margin expansion to 45.6% from 38.2% in Q3 2012.
  • The company sold 3 new 3D printers vs. 2 used 3D printers in Q3 2012, boosting system sales to €1.84M from €0.49M last year. System sales represented 52.2% of revenue, up from 24.7% last year.
  • Services revenue increased 12.4% Y/Y to €1.68M.
  • Management expects Q4 revenue "to exceed" €3M (Q3 revenue was €3.52M).
  • PR, conference call at 8:30 am ET tomorrow
Comments (10)
  • Ken.....
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Tomorrow is going to be a very big day.
    14 Nov 2013, 08:07 PM Reply Like
  • dserradas
    , contributor
    Comments (52) | Send Message

Stock will see the $55-60 range tomorrow
    14 Nov 2013, 08:42 PM Reply Like
  • rbanhur1
    , contributor
    Comments (4) | Send Message

I am a retired mftg engr with 35 yrs experience. Worked for Belden Corp. Retired from Cooper Ind. Thru mergers etc. Became extremely interested in 3D printing as I can forsee many of the complicated tooling requirements it will displace. Also was intrigued with the medical possibilities with body part productions. I can forsee many industries being replaced!
    14 Nov 2013, 09:16 PM Reply Like
  • cm1701
    , contributor
    Comments (52) | Send Message

@rbanhur1 Was also intrigued by long term possibilities. GE now exploring printing of jet turbine parts- not as prototypes but as production models. One of GE's suppliers, Arcam AB, now trades over $1000.00. GE definitely is pushing this tech for its own use.
    16 Nov 2013, 06:05 PM Reply Like
  • tunaman4u2
    , contributor
    Comments (2784) | Send Message

Missed this stock, what a rocketship its been
    15 Nov 2013, 10:22 AM Reply Like
  • Will456
    , contributor
    Comments (6) | Send Message

I just kick myself over and over... bought in first day at $25, sold same day, quick few dollar profit. Thinking there would be some profit taking and would jump back in. Gapped open next day, didn't want to miss it so bought back in, then profit taking started. LOL Knew it was going to happen, just mistimed. Oh well, $ costed on the down, so I'm in a $33. Just didn't buy enough shares (about 600) should have loaded up, knew it was going to rocket. I guess I shouldn't complain about being up 75%...
    15 Nov 2013, 11:42 AM Reply Like
  • cm1701
    , contributor
    Comments (52) | Send Message

@Will455- My story is the same as yours- made some money, but poor timing of buys and sells kept me from the big win. Now the question is what to do up here at ~59-60? Will it keep powering higher?
    16 Nov 2013, 06:05 PM Reply Like
  • cm1701
    , contributor
    Comments (52) | Send Message

16 Nov 2013, 06:04 PM Reply Like
  • Will456
    , contributor
    Comments (6) | Send Message

Well, I guess we saw... I sold out just under $50. At least I made about a 45% gain. If I wasn't so greedy I would have taken some out at 100% gain. You know the saying...
    22 Nov 2013, 02:14 PM Reply Like
  • cm1701
    , contributor
    Comments (52) | Send Message

I think VJET's happy spot is 30-35. Makes sense after IPO price. Things calmer now for longer term run. Will re-renter in 2014 and be long once next set of earnings comes out. Currently, the shorts are too powerful in this space.
    23 Nov 2013, 08:52 AM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: