- European car sales rose for a second month in a row in October, climbing 4.6% on year to 1.04M registrations after a 5.5% gain in September.
- However, registrations fell 3.1% in January-October, strengthening the likelihood that the market will fall for a sixth consecutive year in 2013.
- The Spanish car market jumped 34.4%, while most other markets grew moderately, although Italy fell 5.6%.
- Toyota (TM) +16.5%, Renault (RNSDF) +14%, Volkswagen (VLKAF) +5.7%, General Motors (GM) +6.2%, Daimler's (DDAIF) Mercedes-Benz +8.5%, and BMW (BAMXF) +0.3%.
- However, Fiat (FIATY) -7.3%, Honda (HMC) -6.4%, Peugeot (PEUGF) -0.7% and Ford (F) -0.2%. (PR)
European car sales continue recovery
Nov 19 2013, 02:49 ET