- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) has agreed to acquire the U.S. rights to arthritis-pain tablets Vimovo from AstraZeneca's (AZN).
- Horizon will pay $35M up front and royalties to Pozen (POZN), which owns patents that cover Vimovo.
- Horizon expects the transaction to "significantly increase" its revenues and accelerate the company's time to profitability, with the company forecasting a non GAAP profit next year vs consensus for a loss of $0.04.
- Horizon estimates revenue of $190-205M, well above Street predictions of 157.55M,
- The company will host a conference call at 8 am ET to provide further details. (PR)
- Horizon is also issuing $150M in five-year convertible senior notes that carry interest of 5%. The company will use some of the proceeds to finance the Vimovo deal and to repay existing debt. (PR)
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Sep 24, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Sep 23, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 13, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 20, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Nov 8, 2013)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs