- Iran and the P5+1 world powers are due to meet again from today until Friday in an attempt to thrash out a deal in which the Persian nation would scale back its nuclear program in return for an easing of international sanctions.
- While an interim deal was close last time the sides met earlier this month, President Obama has lowered expectations about the chances of an agreement this week. Much skepticism exists in Congress - where there's a push to ratchet up the sanctions - and amongst the U.S.'s allies, particularly Israel, about the suggested terms of any settlement.
- However, if the sides do come to an agreement, analysts have said that oil prices could slide at the prospect of an Iranian return to the market.
- WTI is +0.3% to $94.18 and Brent is flat at $106.94.
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DBO, BNO, DTO, CRUD, USL, SZO, DNO, OILZ, UWTI, OLO, DWTI, UOIL, DOIL, FOL, TWTI, OLEM
World powers, Iran meeting again over nuclear program
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 11, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Dec 10, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 10, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 5, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs