- German flash manufacturing PMI has climbed to a 29-month high of 52.5 in November from 41.7 in October and topped consensus of 52.
- Services jumped to 54.5 from 52.9 and vs 53.
- Manufacturing output rose to 54 from 53.6.
- Composite output increased to 54.3 from 53.2.
- The data suggests that the German economy "is well on track to achieve growth of close to 0.5%" in 2013, says Markit.
- Strong new business and backlogs indicate that the solid growth momentum will be sustained, with improvements in investment spending and job creation set to follow the upturn in business conditions.
- The DAX is -0.8%, while the euro recovers its post French PMI losses and is -0.1%. (PR)
- ETFs: FXE, VGK, EUO, EWG, FEZ, ERO, EU, EPV, IEV, EZU, DFE, DRR, HEDJ, GXF, GUR, BUND, FEU, EUFX, FDD, ESR, UPV, ULE, FEP, BUNL, URR, GERJ, ADRU, FEEU, DBGR, BUNT, FGM, GGOV, DXGE, DBEU, FIEU
While France deteriorates, Germany powers on
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Mar 16, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 11, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 10, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jan 27, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs