- Emerging market bond ETF investors worried about duration risk will have their first short-duration fund to choose from starting today with the launch of ProShares' Short-Term USD Emerging Markets Bond ETF (EMSH). The fund has an expense ratio of 0.5%.
- The underlying index only selects paper with a fixed rate and maturity of 0-5 years, with a weighted average yield-to-maturity of three years or less. Sovereign, and corporate - both investment and speculative grade - will be included.
- As comparison, the iShares J.P. Morgan USD Emerging Markets Bond ETF (EMB) has a 7-year effective duration.
- Corporate EM bond ETFs: EMCB, EMCD, HYEM, EMHY
- Government EM bond ETFs: EMB, PCY, ELD, EMLC, ILB, LEMB, ITIP, EBND, GTIP, PFEM
First short-term EM bond ETF comes to market
Nov 21 2013, 09:12 ET