- If I was a long/short guy, I'd be worried, Tepper tells Bloomberg TV. Growth is good, inflation is low, rates are low ... "We're going to get 20% (in the markets) next year ... I"m worried by long/short friends are going to lose their jobs." Can markets correct 5-10% amid the taper? Of course.
- Of his J.C. Penney (JCP) stake, he's pleased with the big move higher over the past month, but it's strictly a trade on a stock that had gone down too far too fast. He remains long Citigroup (C) and calls it a $70 stock.
- Talking a bit more about his Treasury call, he says he's short even though he considers it an impossibility for the 10-year Treasury to get over 3.5%-3.75%. "I'd bet anything on that."
- The 10-year/2-year Treasury spread is at 251 basis points, within shouting distance of the record 292 basis points. To believe the 10-year Treasury yield can rise another 100 bps (while the Fed holds the short end down) is to believe an existing record will be smashed.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, FSA, LBND, TENZ, TYBS, DLBL
- Earlier: Tepper shows what a real bubble looks like
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (May 13, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 13, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 12, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 6, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Apr 9, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs