- Pretium Resources (PVG) continues to rip higher, now +78.5% after saying the gold recovered from a 10K-ton bulk sample taken at Valley of the Kings in British Columbia exceeded its target.
- The data published today appear to show gold grades of ~16 grams/ton of ore, a GMP Securities analyst says, higher than the 13-gram level the firm expected.
- Despite today's gains, an options trader still buys 1,240 calls betting on the stock rallying another 30% by mid-January.
- The news prompts BMO to upgrade shares to Outperform.
- It's worth remembering that the stock has experienced some ups and downs; shares were cut in half just last month after a dispute between the company and a contractor working on the project.
at Zacks.com (Nov 11, 2014)