- As the taper approaches, it may be time to ring the register and book some gains, Barron's thinks. Add in the fact that the S&P's 26% YTD gain has "likely [left] many investors with a higher mix of stocks than they would prefer," and the issues isn't whether or not to sell, but rather "what to sell and where to put the cash."
- Food for thought from Jack Hough: "The S&P 500 trades above 17 times trailing earnings, versus a historical average of about 15 [and] U.S. shares are 57% more expensive than emerging markets and 67% more expensive than Europe" based on "a long-term average of earnings to adjust for cyclicality."
- Investors might want to consider putting small companies on the chopping block first, as they have outperformed their larger cap counterparts this year and their P/E premium to large caps has stretched well beyond its historical average.
- Small/Micro Cap ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, IWC, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, RWJ, URTY, TWM, SCHA, RWM, SRTY, SAA, DWAS, VTWO, SBB, SDD, RSCO, JKJ, FDM, PZI, XSLV, WMCR, FYX, VIOO, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV, PXSC
- Large Cap U.S. ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, SPLV, VOO, QID, PRF, SPXS, SPXL, TQQQ, DOG, RSP, SQQQ, DXD, QLD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, VV, SCHX, IWB, SPHB, NY, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, JKD, VONE, EQL, TRND, ROLA, SFLA, BXUC, QQXT, EEH, ONEK, SPXH, TRSK, BXDB, PXLC, FSU, FSE, EWRI, FWDD, TNDQ, LGLV, ALTL
at CNBC.com (Nov 14, 2014)