- Philippine shares (EPHE) underperform regional markets, falling 1.3% in Manila on $11.8M in foreign selling (Reuters).
- Meanwhile, Thai shares (THD, TF, TTF) close lower by 0.5% after bouncing off morning and mid-afternoon lows.
- Weighing on investor psychology in Thailand are tens of thousands of protesters who have taken to the streets in recent days to express their disapproval for Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's government.
- The political discord is tied to an amnesty bill which, although struck down in the Senate, hit a nerve with many Thai citizens.
- For more on the amnesty bill see here.