- For the second straight quarter (previous), Nuance (NUAN) has beat quarterly estimates and provided below-consensus guidance. In prepared remarks, the voice recognition software leader guides for FQ1 revenue of $477M-$487M and EPS of $0.18-$0.21, below a consensus of $494.7M and $0.33. Also, Nuance is guiding for FY14 (ends Sep. '14) revenue of $2.03B-$2.09B and EPS of $1.05-$1.15, largely below a consensus of $2.08B and $1.41.
- One bright spot: Nuance forecasts FY14 bookings of $2.15B-$2.25B, up from an FY13 level of $1.92B and implying a book-to-bill above 1 (FY13 book-to-bill was 0.98).
- Nuance once more says the transition to cloud/subscription-based sales from up-front licenses is hurting near-term revenue. The company also states ongoing weakness in healthcare transcription sales (previous), smartphone consolidation (gives Apple/Samsung more control), and the adoption of services-based mobile models (such as Siri) will hurt FY14 sales. Meanwhile, major mobile, cloud, and healthcare R&D investments will pressure EPS.
- On the other hand, Nuance expects growth in the enterprise, automotive, diagnostics, and managed print services markets, as well as for its DragonTV, Clintegrity (clinical documentation), and voicemail-to-text offerings.
- NUAN -4.9% AH. CC at 5PM ET. FQ4 results, PR.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 25, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 9, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Jan 6, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 9, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 25, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs