- Perfect World (PWRD) expects Q4 revenue of RMB850M-892M ($139.6M-$146.5M), above a consensus of $137.3M.
- The company attributes its Q3 beat to the strong performance of new titles, including Swordsman Online and Saint Seiya Online. Average concurrent users for Chinese games rose to 778K from 742K in Q2 and 601K in the year-ago period.
- Going forward, Perfect World is counting on the launch of DOTA2, as well as a Chinese version of U.S./European title Neverwinter, to maintain its momentum.
- Sales/marketing spend rose 10% Q/Q and 21% Y/Y to $34.9M. The Y/Y rate is well below the 102% clip Perfect World reported for Q2, much to the concern of investors. R&D spend rose 19% Q/Q and 20% Y/Y to $38.8M. Gross margin was76.7%, up from 75.5% in Q2 but down from 81.5% a year ago.
- PWRD +8.4% AH. Q3 results, PR.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Aug 19, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 19, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Apr 6, 2011)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs