- Amid concern about the effects of Fed tapering, if and when it happens, Indonesia's rupiah has fallen to its lowest level since March 2009 after the government sold $190M of dollar-denominated bonds, well short of the goal of $450M.
- The USD-IDR is +0.4% at 11790 rupiahs.
- "We expect to see the rupiah weakening, keeping in view the Fed-tapering risk," says currency strategist Andy Ji.
- The IDX Composite is -1%.
- ETFs: IDX, EIDO, CEW, IDXJ, JEM
Indonesia's rupiah drops to four-year low after weak bond sale
Nov 26 2013, 02:57 ET