- LDK Solar (LDK) is guiding for Q4 revenue of $200M-$250M, up from a Q3 level of $156.6M and well above the $136M forecast by the one analyst providing a Q4 revenue estimate.
- 384.7MW of solar wafers were shipped in Q3, in-line with guidance of 350MW-450MW. Module shipments of 78.7MW were near the high end of a guidance range of 60MW-80MW. LDK expects wafer shipments to rise to 480MW-520MW in Q4, and module shipments to rise to 120MW-160MW.
- While many Chinese solar peers now have healthy gross margin's, LDK's Q3 gross margin was -24%. That's better than Q2's -46.9%, but down from -11.2% a year ago.
- The company ended Q3 with $225.9M in cash/equivalents and short-term pledged bank deposits, down from $288.4M at the end of Q2.
- Though LDK expects its recently-obtained $256M credit facility will help it ramp production, it says the funds are "insufficient to solve even our short-term liquidity associated with our offshore indebtedness," and that it's continuing to work with debtholders to "negotiate a consensual solution." LDK ended Q3 with over $2.8B in debt, over $2.4B of which consisted of short-term borrowings and the current portion of long-term borrowings.
- Q3 results, PR
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Sep 16, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jul 15, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Apr 18, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Apr 11, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Apr 9, 2013)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs