- L&L Energy (LLEN) Chairman of the Audit and Special Independent committees Mohan Datwani resigns "due to recent developments with the Company." (8-K)
- When asked to further clarify his reason Datwani wrote, "the Company has not kept me fully informed as to the degree and extent of ongoing government and regulatory investigations. Second ... the Company did not provided [sic] adequate financial support to complete the Committee's work, especially in connection with hiring independent, qualified forensic accountant [sic]."
- L & L Energy "respectfully disagrees" with Datwani and notes that no other board members have "expressed dissatisfaction with the Company's disclosures." As to the second concern, it states that "none of the current board members agree with Mr. Datwani's opinion" and that no funding requests have been denied by the company.
- Jingcai Yang, a former executive at Shenhua Group, will replace Datwani.
- The turn of events comes after LLEN was halted by the Nasdaq last week with additional information requested from the company following fraud allegations by The GeoTeam.
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Apr 12, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Jan 12, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Jan 3, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Dec 30, 2010)
at CNBC.com (Dec 21, 2010)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs