- Eight leading U.S. banks could have to pay a further $56.5-104B to settle mortgage-related claims, S&P reckons.
- However, the largest banks have estimated capital buffers of $155B combined, which would be enough to absorb the losses.
- S&P doesn't expect the legal liabilities to hurt the banks' ratings.
- Banks: JPM, BAC, C, MS, WFC, GS
- ETFs: FAS, XLF, FAZ, UYG, VFH, IYF, SEF, IYG, FXO, PFI, KBWB, RWW, FINU, RYF, PSCF, FNCL, FINZ
Top U.S. banks face further mortgage payouts of up to $104B
Nov 27 2013, 03:41 ET