- Tomorrow is the White House's self-imposed deadline for the federal HealthCare.gov Web site to be working properly for 80% of users.
- However, "navigators" whose job it is to help people sign up say that problems persist. It's "kind of hit and miss," says one, although "there have definitely been more hits lately than in the past." The COO of Enroll Alaska rates the site 4/10.
- Molina Healthcare (MOH) has expressed its support. "It is easier to navigate. It's working better. It's faster," Molina said.
- More problems for the portal could lead to millions of Americans to decide to forego buying coverage and swallow the fine instead.
- The participation of the young and healthy is particularly important to the success of the insurance exchanges.
- Should the problems continue, the government might come under pressure to extend the March 31 deadline for open enrollment, a move that insurers have warned could undermine the market.
- More on Obamacare.
- Relevant company tickers: AET, HNT, HUM, UNH, WLP
- ETFs: XLV, XHE, VHT, FXH, IHF, IHI, IYH, PTH, RYH, PSCH, RXL, RXD, XHS.