- Target (TGT) reportedly has seen strong store traffic and 2X more early orders on Target.com than a year ago.
- Best Buy (BBY) and GameStop (GME) look set for a huge day with many reports of long lines, although some stores have already run out of XBox One and PlayStation 4 gaming consoles which could cut down on the festive mood.
- Informal checks at Coach (COH) outlets show slow traffic.
- Gap (GPS) in on the hot seat with inventory and store management issues cropping up a bit more than expected. The retailer's strategy this Black Friday has been an all-out selling binge which could test the ability of its omnichannel operations.
- What to watch: The battle of Gap-brand Athleta vs. Lululemon (LULU) for market share heats up this year with many new Athleta stores popping up extremely close to LULU outlets. Athleta has more promotions today while Lululemon is relying on brand loyalty.
Retail watch: Early Black Friday channel checks
Nov 29 2013, 07:35 ET