- Shares of MiMedx Group (MDXG +6.1%) are stronger in early trading after the CMS issued final payment rules for HOPPS.
- EpiFix gets a pass-through for 2014 — it retains the current payment methodology (ASP +6%) for one more year.
- Here's CEO Parker Petit commenting on the new two-tier payment system adopted by CMS: "We believe this new ... reimbursement policy will reduce excessive spending and broaden patient access to advanced wound care, which will benefit Medicare recipients. We applaud CMS for making this policy change." (PR)
- Also, Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR +4.5%) looks to have gotten a two-year pass-through for Grafix.
- Meanwhile, SA contributor Jason Napodano doesn't sound optimistic on either MDXG or OSIR. See here and here.
New CMS rules show MiMedx, Osiris get pass-throughs for EpiFix, Grafix
Nov 29 2013, 10:50 ET