- November's PMI read of 57.3 is up from 56.4 last month, and the highest print this year. Leading is a 3 point gain in New Orders to 63.6 and a 2 point gain in Production to 62.8. Supplier Deliveries curiously fell 1.5 points to 53.2 (drones?).
- Full report
- Already lower on the session, the fast print sends Treasurys down a bit further, and the 10-year yield up to 2.80%. TLT -0.6%, TBT +1.3%.
- The dollar (UUP +0.3%) gets a boost, trading at about a 2-year high vs. the loonie, and about to bust through to its highest since early 2009 against the yen.
- Gold and silver and to their losses, GLD -1.8%, SLV -2.3%.
- Other dollar ETFs: UDN, UUPT, UDNT.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, LBND, TENZ, TYBS, DLBL
- PM ETFs: GLD, SLV, IAU, AGQ, PHYS, SIVR, PPLT, PALL, ZSL, USLV, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, DZZ, UGLD, DBS, DGL, DSLV, GLTR, DGZ, PTM, AGOL, DBP, GLDI, DGLD, WITE, SLVO, PGM, TBAR, USV, JJP, UBG, RGRP, LPLT, BLNG, IPLT
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)