Fastest PMI read in 2013 sends Treasury yields and dollar higher; gold lower

Comments (14)
  • TMF ->40% YTD. More to come: http://seekingalpha.co...
    2 Dec 2013, 10:18 AM Reply Like
  • Where are the authors who have been writing about gold now? They and their readers are slaughtered like sheep. It is OK to be wrong, but it is not OK to stay wrong in investment world.
    2 Dec 2013, 12:41 PM Reply Like
  • So is that what it's all about ? Who is going to be able to say "I told you so" ? How childish, so many fragile egos, know it all talking heads, makes me sick to my stomach.
    2 Dec 2013, 01:17 PM Reply Like
  • It is not an "I told you so" issue. Those authors and their sect were really disrespectful to everybody that tried to warn them. I know that you invest in gold from your posts. I can say that your stomach is not sick because of "talking heads", it is because of your losses. So suck up your ego and focus your investments wisely.
    2 Dec 2013, 01:38 PM Reply Like
  • How do you know I have losses? I said I was playing with the house's money and still am. The lower it goes the better right now, it's called dollar cost averaging. What losses I had are gone. Some of the sophomoric statements I've seen made by individuals, I'm not saying you're one of them, I don't follow who's saying what that closely, but you have to admit sometimes it sounds like a playground argument on occasion in these posts. Yes, I admit I'm a gold bug, but I don't equate any value of that to any ego. Otherwise I'd be broke ;-)
    2 Dec 2013, 01:55 PM Reply Like
  • Unfortunately dollar cost averaging when the price is moving against you is mathematically wrong strategy. Not many people, including you, seem to know that. It increases your exposure to the same risk factor. You can read my article on that matter.

2 Dec 2013, 02:03 PM Reply Like
  • I agree, I'm gambling that the dollar bubble will explode and the world will rush toward gold and silver. It's a combination of economic history and gut instinct.
    2 Dec 2013, 02:36 PM Reply Like
  • If prices are lower than they were before, then your risk of paying too much is less than it was before, especially as the marginal cost of production is approached. Anyway, the risk that prices may go lower may not be the main concern of the activity in the first place. Paper profits aren't going to help when your institution goes belly up and you get roped into a 'bail in'.
    2 Dec 2013, 03:23 PM Reply Like
  • So...where will PM's be 4, 5 or 6 years from now?
    2 Dec 2013, 08:16 PM Reply Like
  • Where will anything be 4, 5 or 6 years from now ? I don't think Nostradamus played the stock market.
    4 Dec 2013, 08:06 AM Reply Like
  • I'm a "NUBEE" in this game and based on last week, was looking for better today. From reading posts in the past from other more experienced investors, I would say maybe it's time to plow in some more.
    2 Dec 2013, 06:29 PM Reply Like
  • I own gold and I don't care what the price is today or tomorrow but lower is better for me. The flood of gold from west to east will speed up as price drops hastening the day when physical will be king and paper deposed. And for those that think the government can continue printing over a $trillion a year without consequence - you're dreaming. As for the taper - it will never happen in any meaningful way or for any length of time. I doubt it will happen at all. But in the end it will increase. And who is going to buy bonds now that China says it won't? Watch the price drop and interest rise as banks begin to fold. Let's see who's right by 2015.
    2 Dec 2013, 07:01 PM Reply Like
  • Then all those Chinamen and Indians living in mudhuts will become masters of the universe and enslave all of us western pigs.
    2 Dec 2013, 07:05 PM Reply Like
  • Why do the Chinamen & Indians need to enslave the western pigs? With their population, they already have enough slaves of their own. Besides, I don't think that even they can afford the welfare systems in the west, hence even for enslaving the western pigs is not worth their while.
    2 Dec 2013, 08:50 PM Reply Like