- Shares of Myriad Genetics (MYGN -4.2%) are struggling in morning trading.
- Not surprisingly, questions about BRCA reimbursement and patents look to be behind the move lower.
- According the market chatter, Piper thinks the "'final' National Fee Schedule price of $1,438 for BRACAnalysis is likely an error."
- For those interested, this looks to be coming from code 81211 on the 2014 Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Fee Schedule, available here (it's in the Excel sheet).
- Also, Invitae Corporation has filed an action in district court seeking "a declaration that certain MYGN patents relating to the BRCA1/2 and MUTYH genes are invalid." (PR)
Myriad Genetics hit by CMS concerns, patent suit
Dec 2 2013, 10:42 ET