- U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes is due to decide today on whether Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy protection.
- Should Rhodes approve Detroit's request, the city would be protected from lawsuits in several courts, including over a plan to cut retiree benefits. It would also prevent creditors from suing to seize assets after Detroit defaulted on loan payments.
- Meanwhile, Illinois' House and Senate are set to vote on a proposed overhaul of the state's retirement system, one of the most underfunded in the country with a gap of almost $100B.
- The measures would save an estimated $160B over 30 years with cuts for workers and retirees but would fully fund the state's five pension systems by 2044. However, unions are deeply opposed to the legislation and its passage is not certain.
- ETFs: MUB, HYD, BAB, PZA, MUNI, TFI, ITM, HYMB, MLN, BABZ, BABS, XMPT, SHM, SUB, PRB, SMB, PVI, SMMU, MUAF, MUAG, MUAE, MUAD, MUAC, VRD, GMMB, RVNU
Judge to decide whether Detroit can enter Chapter 9
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 30, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 6, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 24, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jul 25, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 6, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs