- General Motors (GM -0.8%) cites an increase in household wealth and lower energy costs as a demand driver in the U.S. which helped the company sell the most cars during November since 2007.
- Model sales totals: Cadillac ATS +60% to 3,443; Chevy Cruze +8.3% to 18,200; Chevy Equinox +9.4% to 18,397; Chevy Silverado line +12.1% TO 34,386; Chevy Taho +23.4% to 7,272; GMC Sierra +22.5% to 14,362.
- New introductions did very well for GM in November, led by a strong response for the new version of the Malibu and Impala.
- The automaker reports small business sales rose 38%, including a 76% gain in pickup deliveries.
- If there is a nitpic over GM's sales numbers it centers on what constitutes a sale in the industry as inventory rises. Chart: GM dealer inventory.
Powerful November for General Motors in the U.S.
Dec 3 2013, 10:38 ET