- “Brazil’s capital markets appear to be suffering from a sudden flight of capital," says Michael Shaoul, warning of a danger of "abrupt collapse in investor confidence ... Brazil should be watched closely in the days ahead."
- The Bovespa slid another 1.75% today, but more alarmingly, the country's 10-year yield spread (vs. the U.S.) shot to its highest level since the summer of 2009.
- This morning, Q3 GDP was reported to have contracted by 0.5%, worse than expectations. From Capital Economics: "Brazil is not particularly attractive to foreign firms ... Woefully low domestic savings mean that Brazil relies on attracting foreign capital in order to fund investment projects. But with the current account already in a significant deficit, there is little scope for running up an even larger external deficit to fund investment."
- Off 1.3% today, the iShares MSCI Brazil Index ETF (EWZ) is down 20% YTD.
- ETFs: EWZ, BRF, BZF, BRXX, EWZS, BRAQ, BRAZ, BZQ, BRAF, UBR, BRZU, FBZ, BRZS, DBBR
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 12, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 28, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Jan 8, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 7, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs