- Asian equities mostly fall while European shares and U.S. stock futures struggle for direction amid more taper talk following a strong ADP jobs report yesterday, and ahead of monetary policy announcements from the Bank of England and the European Central Bank later today.
- The Nikkei fell 1.5% following yesterday's sharp fall but after closing at a six-year high earlier this week. A strengthening of the yen and further profit-taking might have had something to do with today's decline.
- Hong Kong -0.1%, China -0.2%, India +1.2%.
- London flat, Paris flat, Frankfurt +0.1%, Milan -0.2%, Madrid +0.1%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.1%. S&P flat. Nasdaq +0.1%
Stock markets await central bank announcements
Dec 5 2013, 05:36 ET