- Initial jobless claims fell 23K to 298K last week, but the Labor Dept. says it's difficult to adjust claims for the holidays.
- The big revision higher in Q3 GDP growth - to 3.6% from 3.1% - comes as private inventory growth's contribution is revised to 1.68% from 0.83% previously estimated, and from 0.41% in Q2. Real final sales (GDP less change in private inventories) grew 1.9% in Q3 vs. 2.1% in Q2.
- Real personal consumption expenditures +1.4% vs. 1.8% in Q2. Real nonresidential fixed investment +3.5% vs. 4.7%. Real federal government expenditures of -1.4% vs. -1.6%. Price index +1.8% vs. 0.2% in Q2.
- The 10-year Treasury yield is higher by 3 bps to 2.87%. TLT -0.3%, TBT +0.7%.
- Stock index futures remain near flat.
- Tomorrow is the November nonfarm payroll report.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, BIL, SHV, UBT, TBX, TLO, VGSH, VGIT, GSY, LBND, DTYL, SCHR, TYD, SCHO, ITE, TENZ, TYBS, TUZ, FIVZ, DTUL, SST, DTUS, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
10-year Treasury yield nears 2.9% after data
Dec 5 2013, 08:42 ET