- Barrick Gold (ABX -1.6%) has signaled a potentially titanic shift in the gold mining industry: a second look at hedging.
- John Thornton, set to become sole chairman of ABX, says “I don’t know why you wouldn’t look at it, if for nothing else as a kind of analytical intellectual exercise... I don’t understand people in the industry who would say you should never do that."
- Analysts say the large gold producers aren’t going to start hedging big chunks of their output, since no one wants to be seen selling at the bottom, and many investors still want their mining investments to track the price of the metal - but when the top man at the top gold producer says hedging isn’t a dirty word, that alone may open the door.
- Gold ETFs: GLD, IAU, PHYS, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, DGZ, AGOL, GLDI, DGLD, TBAR, UBG.
- Gold miner ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, GLDX, GGGG, RING, PSAU, JNUG, JDST.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mon, 11:56AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 24, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 19, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 13, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs