- Shares of Zumies (ZUMZ) fall 5.7% in AH trading after an in-line Q3. The culprit? weak Q4 guidance.
- Comparable store sales grew at a 1.5% clip, slowing from the 3.7% jump in Q3 2012.
- Management expects Q4 revenue of $230M-$237M (vs. consensus of $241.3M) and EPS of $0.60-$0.66 including a 0.05 charge relating to the acquisition of Blue Tomato (vs. consensus of $0.79). Comps are expected to come in at -1% to 2%.
- A silver lining: the board approves a $30M share buyback program, superseding the previous $12.5M authorization, which would be good for a 3.8% reduction in shares outstanding as of today's close.
- Conference call at 5pm ET, PR