Statoil, ExxonMobil stake another big gas find off Tanzania


Statoil (STO) and its JV partner ExxonMobil (XOM) make another big gas discovery off Tanzania - their fifth in the region - confirming Tanzania's emergence as a new energy region. The find, called Mronge-1, can be seen here.

Today's find contains 2-3 trillion cubic feet (tcf) of gas, or 360-540 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe), bringing the total gas resources in the license the firms hold to 17-20 tcf or 3.06-3.6 billion boe.

BG (BRGYY, BRGXF) and Ophir Energy (OPGYF) have also found gas off Tanzania. BG and Statoil are planning to build an LNG plant in Tanzania to ship the gas to Asia.

STO operates the area on behalf of Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation and owns a 65% stake; XOM owns the other 35%.

From other sites
Comments (0)
Be the first to comment
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Hub
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs