- Financial markets are in what Reuters calls "a state of suspended animation" ahead of the U.S. employment figures, which are due out this morning.
- Whatever the numbers, the data will provide further fuel for the frenzy of speculation about when the Fed will start to taper.
- The Nikkei closes +0.8% and stabilizes after a couple of days of sharp losses. Elsewhere in Asia, Hong Kong +0.1%, China -0.4% and India +0.15%.
- Europe is mostly higher and recovering a bit of ground after five days of losses. EU Stoxx 50 +0.2%, London +0.5%, Paris +0.3%, Frankfurt +0.7%, Milan -0.2%, Madrid -0.4%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.35%. S&P +0.4%. Nasdaq +0.4%
Global equities mostly higher ahead of U.S. jobs report
Dec 6 2013, 05:25 ET