- The 10-year Treasury yield jumps to 2.92% following the jobs numbers beat and the far bigger-than-expected dip in the unemployment rate to just 7%. The government shutdown apparently affected this month's speed of decline in the UE rate, but not the level - i.e., it would be at 7% no matter the shutdown, but the furlough and then return of workers caused all of the decline to occur in the November report.
- Stock index futures remain about where they were, the S&P 500 (SPY) +0.5%.
- Gold (GLD) is off 1.25% to $1,216 per ounce and the dollar jumps, with UUP +0.5% premarket.
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, TLH, ZROZ, SBND, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, UST, UBT, TLO, TBX, VGIT, GSY, LBND, DTYL, SCHR, TYD, ITE, TYBS, TENZ, FIVZ, TBZ, DFVL, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
- PM ETFs: GLD, SLV, IAU, AGQ, PHYS, SIVR, PPLT, PALL, USLV, ZSL, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, DZZ, UGLD, DBS, DGL, DSLV, GLTR, DGZ, PTM, AGOL, DBP, GLDI, DGLD, WITE, SLVO, PGM, TBAR, USV, JJP, UBG, RGRP, LPLT, BLNG, IPLT
- Dollar: UDN, UUPT, UDNT
at Zacks.com (Nov 18, 2014)