- Shire (SHPG +0.8%) is out with top-line results from OPUS-2 (that's lifitegrast in dry eye patients).
- Although the ophthalmic solution met its eye dryness co-primary endpoint, it did not meet the reduced corneal staining endpoint.
- "We will be examining the totality of the data for lifitegrast in OPUS-2, as well as OPUS-1 and across the entire clinical trial program," CEO Flemming Ornskov says. (PR)
- SHPG acquired the drug in the SARcode deal.
- "The SARcode buyout was one of [Ornskov's] initial forays into ophthalmology," Jon Carroll notes, adding that "the mixed results in Phase 3 [are drawing] frowns from some analysts."