- Airlines have canceled over 1,000 flights, while freight companies and online retailers have delayed deliveries, due to severe winter weather across the U.S., particularly in the south.
- American Airlines (AAMRQ, LCC) has been especially affected after more than 400 flights from Dallas/Fort Worth, American's largest hub, were scrapped.
- FedEx (FDX) and UPS (UPS) have also felt the impact of the weather, while eBay (EBAY) has warned of shipment delays.
- Meanwhile, ice storms have cut power to over 200,000 homes from Texas to Tennessee.
- More freezing weather is predicted for tomorrow.
- It's likely to take a while for the economic cost of the storm to be calculated. Insurer Aon (AON) reckons that the losses from the tornadoes and thunderstorms that hit the U.S. last month will top $1B. Allstate (ALL) may take a large hit after towns in Illinois, where it is the second-biggest insurer, were among those to feel the full wrath of the storms.
- ETFs: KIE, IAK, KBWP, KBWI
Freezing weather hits airlines, freight companies
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 24, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 11, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 9, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 4, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs