- Germany's trade surplus dropped to a seasonally adjusted €16.8B in October from €18.7B in September and missed consensus of €18B.
- Exports rose 0.2% on month, sharply down from +1.6% in September but above forecasts of +0.15%.
- Unadjusted exports increased 0.6% to a record €99.1B, a figure that may add strength to those in Europe who have criticized Germany for relying too much on foreign trade.
- Adjusted imports +2.9% vs -1.9% and +1.6%.
- Current account surplus €19.1B vs €20B. (PR)
- The DAX is +0.4% and the euro is flat at $1.3708.
German trade surplus falls
Dec 9 2013, 03:14 ET