- Casino stocks start the week off in fine fashion as the sector remains hot.
- A bullish note from Wells Fargo on explosive growth of the mass-market segment in Macau is boosting sentiment. Positive forecasts on the prospects for gaming revenue in Singapore and Japan are also helping to tip sentiment.
- A solid start to online gambling in New Jersey has seen analysts lift long-term profit forecasts for some of the U.S. regional casino players as analysts weigh how the online story will play out.
- The Market Vector Gaming ETF (BJK) has trailed some of the larger U.S.-based casino stocks over the last 3 months due to its weighting toward global firms.
- Gainers: Melco Crown (MPEL) +2.3%, Caesars Entertainment (CZR) +2.3%, Boyd Gaming (BYD) +2.3%, Las Vegas Sands (LVS) +2.0%, Wynn Resorts (WYNN) +2.0%.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Sep 17, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Aug 18, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 18, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 23, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 24, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs