- Casino stocks start the week off in fine fashion as the sector remains hot.
- A bullish note from Wells Fargo on explosive growth of the mass-market segment in Macau is boosting sentiment. Positive forecasts on the prospects for gaming revenue in Singapore and Japan are also helping to tip sentiment.
- A solid start to online gambling in New Jersey has seen analysts lift long-term profit forecasts for some of the U.S. regional casino players as analysts weigh how the online story will play out.
- The Market Vector Gaming ETF (BJK) has trailed some of the larger U.S.-based casino stocks over the last 3 months due to its weighting toward global firms.
- Gainers: Melco Crown (MPEL) +2.3%, Caesars Entertainment (CZR) +2.3%, Boyd Gaming (BYD) +2.3%, Las Vegas Sands (LVS) +2.0%, Wynn Resorts (WYNN) +2.0%.
at Zacks.com (Nov 4, 2014)